… a pearl in this diamond world
Josephine LoRe is a Calgary-based poet and writer who has published two collections of poetry, prose and photography, “Unity” and “The Cowichan Series”, a Calgary Herald Bestseller. She and musician Jim Jackson released a cd for The Cowichan Series which features his original arrangements and her spoken word. She published her first short story, "Cornflower" in 2019.
Her next undertaking is a collection of poetry based upon her Sicilian heritage.
Her poetry has been published in Canada,
the United States, England, Japan, India, Wales, China, France and Ireland.
Josephine has an MA in Comparative Literature (Poetry) from l'Université de Rouen in France,
a bilingual BEd from l'Université Laurentienne in Sudbury
and an Honours BA in Modern Languages and Literature from the University of Toronto.
Josephine's poetry can be found in the following anthologies:
· Haiku Canada Anthologies both in English and in French
· Gift of Silence, a Haiku Tribute to Leonard Cohen
· the AWCS War Memory Project
· the upcoming (M)othering Anthology
· the Short Edition Anthology TapPressRead
· the upcoming Portraits of People YYC
· Pendemic Poetry in Ireland
· the Blue Door Lockdown Sessions in Ireland
· Parole-Création from Montreal
· and upcoming Pandemic Poems anthologies
Her work will be included in the upcoming Travelling with Haiga, an international collaboration by Ion Codrescu from Romania.
Her poems can be found in the following literary magazines:
Still Points Arts Quarterly
The Prairie Journal
the UC Review,
Verse of Silence
the League of Canadian Poets' Fresh Voices and Poetry Pause,
the neverending story
Moonbathing Haiku Journal
the Wales Haiku Journal
Hommage à la lecture et à l’écriture in Paris
Coronavirus et Solitude in Aquitaine, France
and Freefall Literary Magazine